Precision Text Tweaks for Poster Designs
Are you having trouble aligning your text in a precise way? Want to fit a certain title or slogan into a spot in your poster templates, but can’t seem to make it work? Many newcomers in poster printing will encounter these problems one way or another. The solution to them is to use some precision text tweaks that many experts in poster printing and design know about. In this guide, we will discuss some of these tweaks so that you will learn how to use them to solve your text layout problems in poster design. Let us start with precision font size values.
• Precision font size values • If you look at most design software for poster printing, the default choices for font size are usually set at whole number points. In fact, in most cases, you will see them set in even numbers (10pt, 12pt, 14pt, 16pt, 18pt etc). Now, what you should realize is that you are not limited to these font values. You can actually insert a custom numeric value into the font size controls to precisely pick the font size that you want. What’s more, you can actually use decimal values in most software today.
So if your text just needs a little tweak in size, why not remove a 0.5 value to its size? Your 18pt text can be changed to a 17.5 text easily. The change would be subtle but it will help you precisely fit your text for a certain effect in your poster design.
• Precision font height values • Next, you should know that there is a difference between font size and font height. In most design software today, you can set the font height of text elements by percentage values. It takes some training to discover where the control is, but usually it is in your font options or font/text controls in your software. Usually this is measured in percent value. 100% is of course the standard value dictated by the font size. You can reduce or increase that percent value depending on how much you want to stretch the height of your font. In some applications, you can even use decimal values like 103.5% to set the height precisely to what you want. So if font height is the problem, why not try to adjust it?
• Precision font length values • Just like font height, it is also possible to adjust the font’s length. Again you can do this by going to the font controls or text controls of your software. Like font height it is also adjusted via a percent value where 100% is the default length value that is set by the font size. If the length of your text is the issue in your color poster templates or designs, then this is the tweak you need.
• Adjusting character tracking/spacing • Sometimes, it is also useful to try to change the character tracking or character spacing on your text. Adjusting these values will make your text look loose or tight depending on your settings. In most cases, you can set these values in your software again via the text or paragraph controls. The default value here is "0", meaning the software will use the standard character spacing rules that the font style dictates. To make the characters come together tighter and reduce character spacing, you can set the value to a negative value such as "-25". Of course to increase the character spacing you should set it to a positive value such as "+25". This can be pretty useful to adjust certain types of text, so make sure you learn it.
• Precision line spacing • Finally we have line spacing. Most desktop publishing applications will let you set line spacing from single spaces, 1.5 spaces, double spaced and even upwards to triple spaces. These text formatting settings is useful if your content is already a good sized paragraph.
So those are the precision tweaks for text that can come in handy for you in poster design. Use them to precisely manipulate text and fit them into the areas and design elements that you want.
- Top popular web-based customer relationship management programs for sales management
- Branding in the floor industry
- Сan laminate floors be 100% water resistant?
- ESTA Application Online
- The Science and Art behind Hang Tag Printing
- Towards Cheap But Effective Brochure Printing
- Print Envelopes to Boost Business Image
- Can a Logistics MSc Improve Your Logistics Career?