The Big Elements That Shape The Look of Your Postcards
There are many elements that shape the total look of your design for postcard printing. We are not just talking about postcard templates here. We are talking about the big influential factors that really contribute to a well made design for postcard printing. If you are a beginner in designing color postcards, you should know about these big elements so that you can focus your attention on them. To help you out, let me explain to you each of these big elements one by one. Let us start with the most important, the cover background or image.
• The cover background/image • The cover background or the cover image is the single element that dominates the layout of a color postcard. It is in fact the primary feature that makes a postcard work. Hence, it is this essential element that you must work on the hardest to make your color postcards look great. To make sure that this element looks best for postcard printing, you should be sure that your cover image has these characteristics:
• Full color • All postcards today must have a full color image on its cover. It makes things look better. So make sure you only use photographs and graphics with color.
• High Resolution • For better postcard printing, only high resolution images are recommended for use. These kinds of images will appear clearer and cleaner unlike low resolution images that will look blurred when printed.
• High and low saturation areas • A proper postcard image will have areas of low detail as well as areas of high detail saturation. The high detail areas is where the focal point of the design resides, while the low detail areas is where you can put text and other elements.
• The text color • The next element that you need to pay attention to in postcard printing is the text color. The text color has a big impact on postcard design simply because it adds emotion to your text. Brightly colored images will of course make the text look loud and energetic, while cooler colors should make the message look more serene. Moreover, you should know that the text color should be a contrast to the cover image so that it pops out more in the design. With the right balance of contrast and text color choice, you should be able to get a proper design theme for your color postcards.
• The text font style • The font style of course also is a big factor in shaping the overall look of a postcard design. Formal font styles are a mark of corporate or serious color postcards, while wilder and more creative font styles are used mainly for travel postcards and marketing postcards. The font style defines a major part of the theme in your designs, so make sure you choose your font style wisely for postcard printing.
• The postcard material • Finally, one of the biggest influences to the overall look of a postcard is the postcard material that the design is printed in. You will never know this at the start, but certain paper materials will influence the look of and overall feel of your postcard design.
For example, even if you had the best design made for your color postcards, if you print this on cheap materials, the postcards will still look cheap. If you print the design on expensive but beautiful glossy smooth paper materials though, the postcard designs will surely look better with that professional gleam. So it is important to take note of this when you print postcards. Try to spend on the best materials that you can afford in postcard printing.
So those are the great big elements that will determine the overall look of your color postcards. Focus on these elements, and try to integrate them together into a more coherent theme. This will be your key to great designs for postcard printing.
- Top popular web-based customer relationship management programs for sales management
- Branding in the floor industry
- Сan laminate floors be 100% water resistant?
- ESTA Application Online
- The Science and Art behind Hang Tag Printing
- Towards Cheap But Effective Brochure Printing
- Print Envelopes to Boost Business Image
- Can a Logistics MSc Improve Your Logistics Career?