How to make microwave pumpkin seed brittle
After making the great Jack-O-Lantern it’s sometimes hard to know what to do with the seeds out of the pumpkin — it’s very easy to make them into a wonderful pumpkin seed brittle; or you can buy hulled, raw, pumpkin seeds or Pepita to use in this delightful and simple recipe.
This tasty concoction comes together quick and easy because it is made in the microwave oven! All that is needed is a baking sheet, some really good spices, some sugar, and a little time and Viola, Pumpkin Seed Brittle!
Do prep work
Before beginning to cook the brittle there is a little work to do.
1. Butter, use a non-stick cooking spray, or line the cookie sheet or baking sheet with a Silpat
2. Assemble all the ingredients, measured and ready to use
3. Preheat oven to warm (200oF) and place baking sheet inside to keep warm until used
4. Combine the spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and cayenne pepper) into one container — stir to combine together
Put into a microwave safe bowl
Measure and put the first four ingredients into the oven proof glass bowl or (Pyrex) measuring cup. Stir together.
Microwave on high for 4 minutes, stir with wooden spoon — microwave 4 more minutes.
Remove from oven (use a potholder) and add the spice mixture and butter, stir together and return to the microwave oven.
Cook 2 minutes more, on High power.
Remove from microwave oven and add the vanilla and soda — stir well.
Spread immediately onto the prepared, warm cookie sheet and spread into a thin layer — as thin as possible.
Do not try to taste the candy now — it is still VERY HOT — Allow to cool completely before tasting.
Break up the Pumpkin Seed Brittle after it is completely cold. This brittle can be stored in plastic bags with twist ties or in candy tins. Any air-tight container is great for storing the candy.
Make brittle and use your microwave!
- How to make white clam chowder in a crock pot
- How to make no bake oatmeal peanut butter cookies
- How to cook sea scallops
- How to make Hawaiian chicken kabobs
- How to make special Rice Krispie treats
- How to make baked beans in a crock pot
- How to make Swedish meatballs
- How to make macaroni and cheese casserole