How to copy Xbox 360 games to a hard drive
Anyone with an Xbox 360 will be familiar with the dreaded Red Ring of Death which has plagued the hardware since day one.
Although there is no full proof way to stop this error from happening, you can decrease the risk by installing games to your Hard Drive. This lowers stress on the disc reader, which in turn produces less heat. In many cases, installing a game to your Hard Drive will also improve the quality of your experience as the Xbox will find the data easier to read. Follow these simple steps to install a game to your HDD.
Insert the disc into the disc drive
Take the disc of the game you wish to install (this will be disc 1 of any game with more than one disc) and insert it into the disc drive of your Xbox 360
Go to the options on the Xbox Hub
From the «home» hub on the xbox dashboard, find the game you wish to install. Rather than pressing «A» to start it, press «Y» to go to the options screen
On this screen, you should find an «install» button. Press this and the game will begin installing to your hard drive. Depending on the size of the game, this process could take around 15 minutes.
- How to Choose Weapons for Your World of Warcraft Warrior
- How to install the Wii homebrew channel
- How to access the secret mission in Blizzard’s Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty video game for the P.C.
- How to hook up Xbox Live
- How to access the Internet on Nintendo Wii
- How to improve your Gears of War skill level
- How to complete the Red Dead Redemption Political Realities of Armadillo mission
- How to Buy a Nintendo DS/DS Lite