How to change the password for a Linksys Wireless-G router
Linksys Wireless-G routers use «admin» by default for both the username and password. While this makes it easy for users to remember the password, it also makes it easy for outsiders to gain access to the router. As soon as you set up a wireless network, changing the default password should be one of the first things that you do to help secure that network.
Open the Linksys configuration program
In a web browser window, type in the IP address of the router (which is probably 192.168.1.1) and hit . If you’re asked to log in, type in the username and password. Once you’ve successfully logged in, the blue and black Linksys page will appear.
Go to administrative settings
On the black bar across the top of the screen, click on Administration toward the right hand side.
Enter the new password
Under the first tab, Management, the first setting is the password. Type your new password in on the first line, then confirm it on the second line. (A strong password should include both letters and numbers.)
Apply the change
Once you’ve entered the password twice, click the gray Save Settings button at the bottom of the page. The screen will go blank for a moment and the «Settings are successful» message will be displayed. Then you’ll be returned to the Administration page, and the router’s password will have been changed.
- How to print a configuration page from an HP LaserJet P3015
- How to print a configuration report on a Sharp AR-M700U
- How to clean a laptop screen
- How to print a configuration page on an HP Color LaserJet CM1312 MFP
- How to wire a universal RJ-25 Phone Jack keystone connector
- How to print a configuration page on an HP LaserJet M1319f MFP
- How to print a supplies status page from an HP LaserJet M3035 MFP
- How to get the page count for an Okifax 5300