How to enable energy saver mode on a Ricoh CL4000DN printer
Most modern copiers and printers have some sort of sleep mode or low-power mode that they will switch to after sitting idle for a specified period of time. On the Ricoh Aficio CL4000DN, this low-power mode is called energy saver mode. When the printer is in energy saver mode, it draws less power to help save on electricity costs (as well as to prolong the life of the printer) but it can quickly resume normal operation when needed, without a long warm-up time.
Go into the system menu
Press the Menu button on the printer’s control panel to bring up the main menu. Using the arrow buttons, scroll down to System and press the #Enter button to select it.
Go to the energy saver settings
In the System menu, scroll down to Energy Saver, then press #Enter.
Enable energy saver mode
In the Energy Saver menu, the first option is E. Saver On/Off — press #Enter to select it. «*Off» will appear; scroll down to On and press #Enter. Energy saver mode is now enabled.
Set the energy saver timer
After a second or two, the screen will return to the Energy Saver menu. Scroll down to E. Saver Timer and press #Enter to select it. Using the arrow buttons, select the amount of time you want the printer to wait before entering energy saver mode. The available options are 5, 15, 30, 45, or 60 minutes. When the setting you want is highlighted, press #Enter to select it.
Exit out of the menu
Press the Escape button three times to exit out of the menu and return to the ready screen.
- How to clean a laptop screen
- How to print a configuration page on an HP Color LaserJet CM1312 MFP
- How to wire a universal RJ-25 Phone Jack keystone connector
- How to print a configuration page on an HP LaserJet M1319f MFP
- How to print a supplies status page from an HP LaserJet M3035 MFP
- How to get the page count for an Okifax 5300
- How to remove the hard drive from a Dell Latitude D610 laptop
- How to disable SSID broadcasting on a Netgear Wireless-G router