How to print a configuration page from an HP LaserJet 6P
The HP LaserJet 6P is an older laser printer that doesn’t feature the display screen and array of buttons that the newer printers have. Therefore, you can’t do as much from the printer itself as you can on a newer LaserJet, but one thing you still can do is print out a configuration page.
Turn the printer on
Press the power button on the right side of the printer (about halfway back) to power the printer up, unless it’s already on. It will warm up and come to ready, and the third LED on top of the printer (the one closest to the front of the printer) should light up green.
Press both buttons
There are two buttons on the top of the printer, one on either side of the three LEDs. The farthest one is a round button with a triangle on it, and the other is a long skinny button with a vertical line inside a diamond. Press and hold both buttons down at the same time.
Hold them down, then release them
Hold both buttons down for about five or six seconds, then release them. The middle LED will light up green and the third LED (that was solid green before) should begin flashing. After a couple of seconds, the configuration page will print out. If the lights don’t change and nothing prints out, press both buttons again and hold them down for a little bit longer.
- How to print a configuration page from an HP LaserJet P3015
- How to change the password for a Linksys Wireless-G router
- How to print a configuration report on a Sharp AR-M700U
- How to clean a laptop screen
- How to print a configuration page on an HP Color LaserJet CM1312 MFP
- How to wire a universal RJ-25 Phone Jack keystone connector
- How to print a configuration page on an HP LaserJet M1319f MFP
- How to print a supplies status page from an HP LaserJet M3035 MFP