How to Avoid Unwanted Internet Ads and Banners
Install Adblock Plus
Next, click the green "Add to Firefox" button to install the add-on. When the "Software Installation" window appears, click "Install Now."
When installation is complete, you will see the Firefox "Add-ons" window displayed, showing the Adblock Plus icon. Firefox will prompt you to restart Firefox. Click the "Restart Firefox" button to do this.
When Firefox restarts, you will see the Add-on window appear with a confirmation that your add-on has been installed. Close this window.
You will see that a Web page called "Add Adblock Plus filter subscription" is now loaded in your browser. These subscriptions are free lists that automatically update Adblock Plus with advertiser information. Most English users will be fine if they select the default list (EasyList). At the bottom-right corner of the page, click the "Add Subscription" button.
The subscription window automatically closes. You are now ready to use Adblock Plus. You will see a stop sign shaped icon at the top right corner of your browser reading "ABP". This is where you can disable Adblock Plus or change its options.
- How to uninstall a program using CCleaner
- How to stop programs from loading at startup
- How to lock a cell reference in Microsoft Excel
- How to add the activity indicator to the Firefox navigation toolbar
- How to delete your browser’s history when using Internet Explorer
- How to use SocialOomph for Twitter
- How to check the amount of memory your computer has
- How to capture a screen shot in Mac OS X