How to check the amount of memory your computer has
By following the easy steps below you will be able to see exactly how much space you have used on your hard drive disk or any external drives you may have connected to your computer. You will also be able to see how much free space you have left on each drive.
The steps are very easy to follow for anyone that is new to the more technical side of computers. If you have more than one drive you wish to check just follow the steps again starting at step one.
Click on My Computer (you can find this either on your desktop or by left clicking on the start menu at the bottom left-hand corner of your screen).
Select a drive
You will see all the hard drive and any external drives connected to your computer. Select a drive by Right Clicking on it, a pop up window will appear.
Toggle down to properties
Move your cursor down to the word Properties and Left Click on it. A new window will appear with a pie chart with information on how much disk space you have used and how much is still free space available for use.
Checking other drives
To check other drives repeat the actions starting from step one.
- How to lock a cell reference in Microsoft Excel
- How to add the activity indicator to the Firefox navigation toolbar
- How to delete your browser’s history when using Internet Explorer
- How to use SocialOomph for Twitter
- How to capture a screen shot in Mac OS X
- How to customize the bookmarks toolbar on the Firefox web browser
- How to freeze top row and first column in Excel
- How to turn on the spell checker in Firefox