How to turn on the spell checker in Firefox
Like most email programs and word processors, the Firefox web browser comes with a built-in spell checker. The spell checker is not turned on by default, but you can turn it on easily by following the steps below. (These instructions were written for Firefox v3.6, but other versions should be the same or similar.)
If Firefox is not already running, open it now. Click on the Firefox icon on the Start menu or Quick Launch bar, or double click the Firefox icon on the desktop or in the folder where it is located.
Open the Options window
On the menu bar across the top, click Tools. From the drop down menu that appears, select Options.
Enable the spell checker
In the Options window, click Advanced in the upper right corner. On the tab bar in the window, click on General if it is not already the active tab. Under the Browsing section, click the box next to «Check my spelling as I type» so that a check mark appears there. Then click OK to save the change and close the window.
- How to stop programs from loading at startup
- How to lock a cell reference in Microsoft Excel
- How to add the activity indicator to the Firefox navigation toolbar
- How to delete your browser’s history when using Internet Explorer
- How to use SocialOomph for Twitter
- How to check the amount of memory your computer has
- How to capture a screen shot in Mac OS X
- How to customize the bookmarks toolbar on the Firefox web browser