How to find the IP address of your BlackBerry Bold 9650
Any device connected to a TCP/IP network (such as the Internet or many smaller local networks) receives an IP address. Your BlackBerry Bold is no different. If you are only connected to your BlackBerry’s 3G network, the device will not have an active IP address, but as soon as you use the BlackBerry’s Wi-Fi connection capability, it will be assigned an IP address (except in rare instances where the network does not use DHCP).
If you need to know your BlackBerry’s IP address, there are different ways to find it. One way would be through your network’s router or DHCP server. But the easiest way to find the IP address is right from your BlackBerry.
Open the Options menu
From your BlackBerry’s main screen, scroll up so that the top bar of the screen (with the clock, signal strength, and battery icon) is highlighted. Press the trackpad and a brief menu will appear. Scroll down through the choices until Options is highlighted, and press the trackpad to select it.
Go to device and status information
From the Options menu, scroll down to Device and press the trackpad to select it. Then scroll down to Device and Status Information (it should be the second option) and press the trackpad again.
View the IP address
On the Device and Status Information screen, you can find the IP address by scrolling down. (It should be displayed just below WLAN MAC.) If the IP address displayed is «0.0.0.0» then your BlackBerry is not currently connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- How to change the download folder on a BlackBerry Tour
- How to convert measurements on a BlackBerry Tour
- How to change the wallpaper on a Samsung Intensity
- How to remove the SIM card from a BlackBerry Bold 9650 smart phone
- How to customize your Android phone for Christmas
- How to ping from a BlackBerry Bold 9650
- How to hide a file or folder on a BlackBerry Tour
- How to create a contact group on a Samsung Intensity cell phone